Ongoing during Ag Day Farmers Fair in the Tavern Courtyard:
– Apple cider making: This is a kid friendly event. Apples will be ground on a hand cranked apple press producing cider from a variety of apples
– Corn shelling: This is a kid friendly event. Kids can participate in removing the kernels from the cobs of corn.
– A variety of farm animals will be in the open grassy areas south of the orchard
– Grain processing will be demonstrated on the floor of the barn
– On the hour at 9 AM, 10 AM, 11 AM and 12 PM – Sheep Shearing demonstrations by Rowan Tree Farm and Center Cut Company
– 9:30 AM and 12:30 PM – Goat Milking demonstration by Bouncing Goat Soaps
– 10:30 AM – A Bee Keeping Demonstration and discussion will occur in the Farmer’s Market area
The demonstration distillery will be open during the morning hours with a display of apple brandy and whiskey making.
This is a free event and activities are available for the entire family.
The Northern York County Historical and Preservation Society (NYCHAPS) strives to inspire by connecting the lessons of the past to the challenges of today. Through hands-on experience, the past culture of the area is brought to life in a deeper and richer educational experience. Through preservation, research, and our collections, NYCHAPS seeks to inspire a different way of learning history.