The health and safety of our staff, volunteers and visitors are paramount at the Northern York County Historical And Preservation Society. Our understanding of Covid-19 or Coronavirus is based upon information from the CDC and PA Department of Health which we have used to develop a plan for operations. NYCHAPS has a duty to aid our community in efforts to limit the potential spread of a serious illness. We are making decisions to postpone or cancel events based upon the information we have available to us. NYCHAPS has made the decision to cancel or postpone all special programs until April. The office at Maple Shade Barn is also closed, but all emails and phone calls will be checked daily and responded to during normal business hours. Details about how this will impact specific programs are listed below.
- March 17 Board Meeting has been canceled.
- March 22 Hymn Sing has been canceled.
- April 2 St Paul’s Lunch Tour has been canceled.
- April 3 First Friday has been moved to a virtual Facebook event.
- The Maple Shade Quilters will not be meeting during the month of March.
- April 18 Celtic Fest has been canceled.
We acknowledge that additional changes may be necessary based on future developments.
Please continue to check our Facebook, Instagram and the website for future updates.
Last updated 3/21/2020.