Purpose of Position
The Administrative Assistant of the Northern York County Historical and Preservation Society (NYCHAPS) will oversee all office tasks at the Maple Shade Barn and Dill’s Tavern, serving as receptionist and working with the Executive Director to coordinate the flow of information within the organization.
Duties of Administrative Assistant
1. Coordinate office duties, including the processing of mail, telephone calls, and emails.
2. Undertake receptionist duties at Maple Shade Barn from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday.
3. Pick up mail daily and distribute to designated people.
4. Answer telephone calls, take messages, and pass information to designated people.
5. Manage a daily, weekly, and monthly schedule.
6. Prepare and disseminate correspondence, memos, and forms.
7. Maintain a filing and tracking system, especially of membership information and donations.
8. Perform duties associated with the society’s newsletter and advertised public information.
9. Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
The ideal candidate will have:
°Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
°Office and publication skills
°Proficiency in G Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs)
NYCHAPS is seeking a part-time administrative assistant to work 4 hours per weekday.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter
May 5, 2017